Below is a list of how the process will work and gives samples of minimal revisions VS costly revisions.
- After you check the status of our Commissions Timeline on the product page, we will require you to fill out the form.
- Send pictures of the person(s) you would like painted. Please include outfits, ideas, colors you like, or let Sheryl put you into something beautiful! Remember, if you request extra assets, people, pets, or props, additional charges will be required.
- Not sure what photo you want us to use? Let Sheryl choose it for you!
- Pay for your portrait to be placed on the waiting list and make sure you are available at the estimated time you see on the product page.
- Sheryl will notify you before she begins working on your commission and confirm you would like to move forward.
- Once Sheryl begins working on your piece, no refunds will be granted.
- You will be sent a rough sketch for approval. If any changes are required, Sheryl will make them to prevent major future revisions. You will get THREE proof revisions during the proof process, more than that will be an additional cost of $10 per proof revision. If any larger requests are suddenly added, or deviate from your original request, you may incur addition charges.
- Once you are happy with the rough sketch, she will move onto the polish and or colour stage. Please note our “Cartoon Sketch Portraits” have minimal color (typically monochromatic).
- When your portrait is complete, a low res coloured proof will be presented. You may make minor changes if you wish at this stage, but any major deviation from the original approved sketch may incur additional costs.
- Once your personal portrait is approved, a high resolution, digital portrait in png or jpg format (similar to the style sample(s) provided) will be linked for you to download from our cloud.
It takes several hours to days to complete a portrait and we want you to be happy with your purchase, however in order to keep our prices low we limit the amount of time spent on these lower priced portraits.
Samples of what we consider minimal changes after the polished stage include, but are not limited to:
- Color changes.
- Adjusting the subject on the page either up, down, left, right, or cropping.
- *SOME Facial feature adjustments.
Samples of large changes after the polished stage include, but are not limited to:
- Changing clothing.
- Changing the pose (deviating from the original approved sketch).
- Adding elements such as a hat, sunglasses, or similar AFTER you approved the original sketch. Payment will be required before adding additional features.
- Requesting a background change ( in some instances, this request may be minimal).